Choose AVSS for Premier Training in Safety & Security
The Academy for Venue Safety & Security (AVSS) offers professionals in
the public assembly venue industry five days of intensive training in
security planning and life safety management.
Reasons to attend AVSS:
• Receive in-depth training to prepare, prevent, respond and recover from
many types of emergencies at your venue.
• Learn the latest and most relevant safety and
available to venue managers.
• Refine your venue emergency plans and communication
• Engage in classroom and tabletop exercises, and take
practical strategies and solutions.
• Interact with top faculty, comprised of industry leaders and recognized
experts in safety and security.
The all-inclusive tuition for Core or Advanced training is $2,550. Tuition includes all lodging,
meals and instructional materials.
AVSS graduates complete Core Training (year one) and Advanced Training (year two) in four tracks: risk
management, emergency planning, security operations and training.
Graduates also can go on to complete various Specialized Courses.
To graduate from AVSS with recognition as an emergency preparedness
professional, a student must successfully:
• Complete 160 hours of Core Training, Advanced Training and Specialized Courses.
• Develop an emergency preparedness plan for your venue.
• Pass a final exam.