Dee Ann Hirsch - VICE CHAIR
Daniel Huerta - PAST CHAIR
Lori Marshall - CHAIR
Wendy Riggs, CVE
Dana Stoehr, CVE
The committee represents the interest of amphitheaters and fairgrounds members and constituents and provides educational programming on amphitheaters/fairgrounds venue-related topics at meetings and conferences. The committee assists the staff by representing the global interests of the amphitheaters and fairgrounds’ industry.
This is a management committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Membership representatives from fairs/fairgrounds, and amphitheaters.
- A minimum of 12 active members to assist in fulfilling the committee’s mission to be taken from the above categories.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat one another and members of the association with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to IAVM. We may not always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior or poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. We expect the members of IAVM to be respectful when dealing with other volunteers as well as with people from other projects and initiatives.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Provide amphitheater and fairground venue specific programming at VenueConnect as required.
- Attending VenueConnect, the committee meeting and governance training at VenueConnect.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Work with IAVM staff to develop, if needed, smaller sub-groups to address a specific need.
- Provide content for FM Magazine around amphitheater and fairground topics.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Meet during VenueConnect at specified times with a prepared agenda.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff. Each individual committee member should participate in 80% of the organized calls.
- Each individual committee member will begin or continue one thread on VenueNet each month.
- Each individual committee member is encouraged to write one or more blog post(s) and write articles/content for FM Magazine.
- Individual committee members will be evaluated by the Chair as to attendance, participation and handling of assignments. This information will be reviewed by IAVM President & CEO to assess future volunteer leadership roles.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop, monitor and achieve deliverable goals.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Create time in the schedule for VenueConnect programming.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.