4-part series on Business Continuity & Resilience (BC&R)
by Peter Ashwin, AVSS faculty member, and Wayne Middleton, CVE, Chair of VMA's VMS Committee.
- Episode 1 - Risk Management & Disruption Risk (Slides)
- Episode 2 - Business Impact Analysis (Slides)
- Episode 3 - Business Continuity Management (Slides)
- Episode 4 – Readiness & Resilience (Slides)
3-part series on Legal Issues
Potential Claims and the Outlook of Special Legislation
Liability Considerations for Returning to Work
Contractual & Related Liability Considerations
COVID-19 Science Update for Venue Manager
- Q&A Thread
- What the Experts Say about COVID-19
- Infectious Diseases Society of America – COVID-19 Resource Page
The Convergence of Cyber & Physical Security
Be The Change: Unmasking and Managing Communication Bias Within Crisis
Security Planning Considerations for Reopening Commercial Venues
Preparing for the 2020 Hurricane Season
Cleaning & Disinfection presented by Mr. Ken Bickerton, CIH, CSP, VP and Sr. Consultant, PHASE Associates, LLC.
20/20 Vision Series
For the next seven Thursdays, IAVM will present the 20/20 Vision series which will feature an industry executive who will share her or his career insights and perspectives for the future in a 20-minute interview with Academic Committee Chair Bobby Goldwater, CVE followed by a 20-minute participatory question-and-answer session with undergraduate students, graduate students and young professionals. All other venue industry professionals are invited to listen in on the conversation.
20/20 Vision Recordings
- Episode 31 with Russ Simons, Chair of IAVM’s COVID-19 Industry Executive Working Group & Chief Listening Officer & Managing Partner, Venue Solutions Group.
- Episode 30 with Karen Totaro, CVE, Member of the IAVM Convention Centers Committee & IAVM Board Chair (2015-2016)
- Episode 29 with Jim Wynkoop, General Manager of the OVG Facilities at the University of Houston.
- Episode 28 with Ebony Hattix the Chair of the IAVM Diversity & Inclusive Leadership Committee & Sr. Manager, Box Office with the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Episode 27 with Brad Mayne, CVE, President & CEO of IAVM.
- Episode 26 with Beth Wade, CVE, Director of the Berry Center & Vice Chair of the IAVM Certification Board.
- Episode 25 with Kerry Painter, CFE , CEM, CMP, Director & General Manager of the Raleigh Convention & Performing Arts Complex, IAVM Foundation Trustee & VMS Regent.
- Episode 24 with Paul Turner, CSSP, CVE, Senior Director of Event Operations at AT&T Stadium, AVSS Faculty Member and First Chair Elect of the Board of Regents.
- Episode 23 with Jana Brooks, CVP, Manager of Events and Tenant Services with the Maryland Stadium Authority & a member of IAVM’s Governance Committee.
- Episode 22 with Michael Marion, CVE, General Manager of the Simmons Bank Arena, VMS Instructor & IAVM Board Chair (2018-2019).
- Episode 21 with Eboni Wilson, Co-Chair of the Reopening & Recovery Taskforce and a member of the Arenas Committee and the GuestX Committee.
- Episode 20 with Eric Hart, CVE, President & CEO of the Tampa Sports Authority.
- Episode 19 with Kim Stone, MBA, General Manager of the Chase Center
- Episode 18 with Daniel Huerta, IAVM Amphitheater & Fairgrounds Committee Past Chair
- Episode 17 with Cynthia Tucker, Vice Chair of the IAVM Diversity & Inclusive Leadership Committee and a member of the Academic Committee, and the Universities Committee. She is Assistant Director of Event Operations for Trojan Event Services at the University of Southern California.
- Episode 16 with Rip Rippetoe, CVE, Chair of the IAVM Board of Directors & President & CEO of the San Diego Convention Center.
- Episode 15 with Adina Erwin, CVE, Senior VP of Business Operations for TD Garden & IAVM Foundation Board Chair.
- Episode 14 with Jason Poppe, Assistant Athletics Director - Events & Operations with Georgetown Athletics l McDonough Arena & Adjunct Faculty with the Sports Industry Management Program at Georgetown School of Continuing Studies.
- Episode 13 with Zakiya Smith-Dore, MBA, CVP, Event Manager with Baughman Center at the University of Florida Performing Arts. Zakiya is also Vice Chair of IAVM’s University Committee and Vice Chair of the IAVM COVD19
- Episode 12 with Frantzer LeBlanc, MBA,CVP, Assistant General Manager of the UMBC Event Center & Region 1 Director of the IAVM Board.
- Episode 11 with Kim Bedier, CVE, Director of Venues & Events for the City of Tacoma.
- Episode 10 with Larry Perkins, CVE,CMP,CPP, Vice President of Guest Relations / Assistant GM for PNC Arena.
- Episode 9 with Tammy Koolbeck, CVE, Chair of the IAVM Board of Directors & Executive Director of the Iowa State Center
- Episode 8 with David Bennett, Associate Director of Event Services Department of
- Episode 7 with Julia Slocombe, Vice President, West Regional Operations with Smart City Networks
- Episode 6 with Jimmy Earl, CVE, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Frank Erwin Center, University of Texas at Austin
- Episode 5 with Jennifer Norris, CVE, Assistant Managing Director of San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center
- Episode 4 with Richard Andersen, CVE ICD.D, Chief Illuminations Officer with VSG Advantage Training
- Episode 3 with Joyce Leveston, CMM, CVP, Senior Vice President of Convention Centers with Spectra
- Episode 2 with Mac Campbell, CTA, CVP, Deputy Director, Baltimore Convention Center
- Episode 1 with Angie Teel, CMP, Assistant General Manager, Cox Business Convention Center
- Leadership in Times of Crisis
- Preparing for Upward Career Mobility
- Venue Conversion Update
- Preparation & Recovery