Launched at VenueConnect 2015 in Baltimore, this program focuses on identifying and developing the talent of venue industry professionals, 30 years of age and under, through increased access and exposure to industry networking and thought leadership. The program provides year-round continued education for professional growth in the venue industry and helps program participants become better, more productive employees.
Selected applicants will receive a travel stipend of $800 and complimentary registration to attend VenueConnect, IAVM’s Annual Conference & Trade Show. Honorees will be recognized throughout the annual meeting and formally at the Venue Industry Awards luncheon.
Nominations Open: January 6, 2020
Nomination Deadline: January 20, 2020
First Round Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
Top 50 Applicants Selection Announcement: February 18, 2020
Second Round Video Submission Deadline: March 3, 2020
30IUNDERI30 Class of 2020 Awarded by: March 20, 2020
- Nominees must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the award (March 20, 2020)
- Nominees must be employed in the venue industry.
- Nominees do not have to be current IAVM members, however, the person nominating must be a current IAVM member
- Industry executive leadership may nominate ONE candidate each. There may be multiple candidates submitted from the same venue, but they must be nominated by different IAVM members from within that venue.
- There will be two (2) rounds of applications in the selection process.
- Round 1: All applicants will answer three (3) pre-selected essay questions in 300 words or less. A link to the application will be sent to all nominees on January 21, 2020. Essay questions must be accompanied by a current resume. Deadline to apply is February 3, 2020. The top 50 applications will be selected to advance to Round 2. The 50 finalists will be announced on February 18, 2020.
- Round 2: All applicants will submit a YouTube video on the subject “Why I Should Be Chosen as a 30IUNDERI30 Award Recipient”. Finalists should highlight their career and accomplishments thus far, both personally and professionally, as they deem appropriate. Finalists are encouraged to show their creativity, describe their passion for the industry and illustrate what sets them apart from other candidates.
*Videos must be shot on personal, handheld devices (i.e. cell phone) and be limited to two minutes. Videos may not be filmed or edited using professional audio-visual production equipment.
**Any variance from this rule or the time limit will cause candidate’s disqualification.
- A panel of industry professionals will review submissions.
- The 2020 Class of 30IUNDERI30 honorees will be notified via email from the IAVM Foundation by March 20, 2020.
- Honorees may only be selected for the program once. Previous honorees are ineligible.
- IAVM will provide honorees with full registration to VenueConnect, IAVM's Annual Conference & Trade Show in Long Beach, CA on July 26-29, 2020. Registration does not include optional activity fees, such as the Foundation's annual golf tournament.
- IAVM will provide honorees with a stipend of $800 to be used on travel accommodations.
- A schedule of required events will be sent to honorees.
- Following selection, video submissions of honorees may be used publicly and at the convention.