This program recognizes deserving individuals who demonstrate leadership, character, diversity, community involvement, and the potential to be future leaders in the venue management industry.
The Joseph A. Floreano Scholarship + Internship Program was established after the untimely passing of Joseph A. Floreano, CFE, a long-time IAVM member, Foundation Trustee and the first and only Honorary Chairman of the Foundation Board of Trustees. Floreano was known for giving selflessly in both time and money to worthy industry causes. His leadership was aspirational and he took great pride in mentoring and supporting the advancement of the venue management industry. Joe Floreano was not only incredibly instrumental in the development of the Foundation’s ‘Build An Amazing Future’ campaign but also became the inspiration as he truly resembled and embodied everything it stands for. The contributions Floreano made to the Foundation are immeasurable and with that we believed that the naming of the scholarship + internship program would be the most appropriate way to honor his legacy that will forever leave a mark on the Foundation.
The IAVM Foundation will award a total of 5 scholarships to VC21, 1 scholarship per the following sectors: Amphitheaters & Fairgrounds, Arenas, Convention Centers, Performing Arts Centers, & Stadiums. This scholarship will cover the cost of registration. Applications will be scored solely on the responses to the essay prompts. Scholarship Application Criteria
Scholarship Application Criteria:
- Applicants must be employed or recently employed in the venue industry.
- Applicants must have an active professional or young professional membership with IAVM.
- Applications must be submitted no later than the deadline.
- Recipients must be able and willing to attend VenueConnect 2021.
- Recipients must be willing to support the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives by providing testimonials, photo(s), blogging about their experience and participating in speaking opportunities as an advocate for the Foundation as requested.