Patrick Tetrick, CVP, GSP - CHAIR
Sarah Mathis - VICE CHAIR
Lisa Marie Malovoz
Carolyn Speicher, CVP
The committee works with staff to prepare the programming for the GuestX Conference by providing input toward achieving industry standards for “best practice” protocols of crowd management and exceptional guest services.
This is a program committee, meaning it is constituted annually to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- A minimum of 6 professional and/or allied members that are committed to working with staff to develop the programming for GuestX.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually and assume roles following VenueConnect.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
Chair: Responsible for ensuring that committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops committee strategy, agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request. In collaboration with IAVM staff, establishes and coordinates the work of various sub-committees to further the work of the committee or to address a specific issue or need relative to the arena sector. Evaluates members’ participation and contribution to committee work.
Vice Chair: Responsible for collaborating with IAVM staff to ensure the development of an outstanding conference, with a particular focus on highly valuable education. In the absence of the chair, the vice chair assumes the responsibilities of the chair as well.
Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Relative to the conference, the chair and vice chair will collaborate with IAVM staff to:
- Determine the schedule and general format for the conference based on the established budget.
- Collaborate with staff to approve locations for the conference for the following two years, in accordance with specific criteria mutually established by committee leadership and IAVM staff.
- Oversee the work of the committee.
- Provide information on the conference for the IAVM newsletter and other methods of communication/marketing (eblasts, social media).
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Contribute time, industry knowledge and expertise to further the mission of the committee by:
- Serving on a minimum of one subcommittee, as requested by the chair.
- Participating in at least 80% of regular committee conference calls.
- Attending VenueConnect, the committee meeting and governance training at VenueConnect and the conference (required).
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Proactively sharing information and expertise relevant to the guest experience via IAVM’s social media platforms and printed materials (e.g., VenueNet, FM magazine, etc.).
- At the request of the vice chair, working with IAVM staff to develop programming content for the conference.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Complying with the established, mutually agreed upon deadlines.
- Each committee member will be evaluated annually by the chair and vice chair on completion of tasks, attendance, active participation, and commitment to the roles & responsibilities as discussed. Evaluations will be reviewed by the President/CEO in collaboration with the chair and vice chair to determine opportunity for term renewal(s).
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with the committee to:
- Manage all budgets, sponsorship sales and revenue for the conference.
- Comply with mutually agreed upon deadlines as established in a coordinated effort between the staff and the committee.
- Present recommendations for receptions and activities for endorsement by the committee. Confirm event arrangements.
- Negotiate and sign agreements on behalf of the sector or conference.
- Participate in conference planning calls, take minutes, and assist with the formulation of the conference schedule and timeline.
- Staff and coordinate the conference.
- Solicit agenda items from the chair and distribute agendas and supporting materials at least 5 business days before any conference call or meeting.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within 10 business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within 20 business days.
- As resources allow and in accordance with priorities established by the Board of Directors, support the work of the committee relative to projects and issues important to the sector.