IAVM has been working hard with TwinLogic Strategies to ensure that the needs of our members are met under the CARES Act. Now, we need your help to voice your venue’s story to your congressional members. Our 7,000+ members, and the products and services that they provide, touch more than 300 million Americans annually. In order to bring the story of how the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected you, their constituents, we need you to reach out to those who have legislative decision-making powers and help drive the needs of our industry home.
Below, you will find a general letter, which we encourage all members to send to their Senators and Representatives. You will also find social media post samples and call talking points, to help better guide you when making posts, or when you speak with your congressional members on the phone. Please take a moment and look over the documents and to help IAVM advocate for assistance in the recovery of our industry.
- Advocacy Update Webinar Recording
- Convention Centers Town Hall Recording #10– July 23 - How venues can secure funds from CARES ACT 5 (Kevin begins at minute 7:41)
- Slides: Special thanks to Kevin R. Molloy, Executive Director for the Lancaster County Convention Center Authority
Congress will soon start negotiations on the next COVID-19 package, which will likely include changes to the current Small Business Administration’s Payroll Protection Program (PPP) under the CAREs Act.
This is a critical time for IAVM members to reach out to Congressional Senators and Representatives to urge them to include expanded eligibility in the PPP for publicly owned venues that rely on event revenue to operate.
Please Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives (click on links for twitter handles), urging them to expand PPP eligibility to PUBLICLY OWNED venues, which, like all venues, have been hit hard by the pandemic and are struggling to survive and have no other way to receive assistance. Download the graphic seen here.
- #SavePublicVenuesNow! Publicly owned venues struggle to survive #COVID-19. Without events, we can’t pay our staff and bills. @Senator/Congressman-Please fix the law so we can receive #PPP help.@IAVMWHQ
- #SavePublicVenuesNow! All venues should qualify for the #PPP during #COVID-19 crisis. But publicly owned venues left out. @Senator/Congressman – please fix the PPP so they can survive. @IAVMWHQ
- More IAVM Member Sample Tweets
Simply copy and paste the text of these documents to use in your communications to your elected officials.
- Letter to the Editor Sample (Word document) (PDF file)
- General Publicly-Owned Venues Letter to Congress
- General Talkers for IAVM Members
- Publicly-Owned Venue Letter to Senate Leadership