Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) & Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
The SBA has posted answers to frequently asked questions about the PPP & Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG). These will be updated as new information comes available and additional program details are finalized.
Access the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) website HERE.
Access the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) website HERE
FAQ’s HERE UPDATED 04.08.21
Eligibility Requirements HERE UPDATED 03.05.21
Checklist HERE UPDATED 03.11.21
Legislation Language Breakdowns
- Venue Eligibility for Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program
- Convention Center Eligibility Information for the PPP
For more information about correspondence with congressional offices, please go to VenueNet and look for posts from Tammy Koolbeck, CVE.
Advocacy Update: 9/30/2020
There is still time for congressional action on a Covid-19 relief package before the elections. Speaker Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Mnuchin continue to talk about a compromise deal and House Democrats are teed up to vote as soon as today on a $2+ Trillion package that includes IAVM language to make publicly owned venues eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the Save Our Stages Act!
Tell the House and Senate to stay in Washington until a deal is on the President’s desk!
Reach out TODAY to your members of Congress to tell them to pass a Covid-19 stimulus deal NOW that includes public venues. Tell them that so far, most public venues have received no assistance and how your venues are hurting.
- A change to the Paycheck Protection Program that is included in the House Heroes II language to allow government owned venues to participate
- Inclusion of the SAVE OUR STAGES Act, S. 4258, but with sports and professional conventions and conferences added so that multi-function public venues can benefit
- Revisions to the RESTART Act’s small business grant and loan program to include publicly owned venues
- Flexibility for state and local funding under the CARES Act to make clear those funds can be spent to cover expenses of public venues
Please don’t delay! Call and email your U.S. representatives and senators urging them not to leave public venues out of the next COVID-19 package. You can use this template for your emails and staff email contacts in each House and Senate office are here.
Please continue to engage with your representatives and senators on Twitter and Instagram. IAVM’s toolkit includes a list of congressional twitter handles and sample tweets.
Tell your members of Congress not to leave DC until the House and Senate send a COVID-19 relief package that includes help for public venues to the President’s desk.
Negotiations are now underway for another package. The House is prepared to vote on a bill that includes the language IAVM and our members supports to allow government-owned venues (and all non-profits) to participate in the Small Business Administration’s Payroll Protection Program (PPP).
This can’t wait! Public venues have been left out of federal assistance and Congress needs to address the problem before the election. Contact your U.S. Senators and Representatives TODAY to urge them to pass a COVID package that includes public venues!
Please Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives (click on links for twitter handles), urging them to ACT NOW to provide federal assistance for public venues. PUBLICLY OWNED venues have been left out and, like all venues, have been hit hard by the pandemic and are struggling to survive. Download the graphic seen here.
- #SavePublicVenuesNow! Don’t wait until after the November elections to pass a COVID relief package. Do it NOW and include assistance for public venues. @Senator/Congressman XXXXX – we need your help! @IAVMWHQ
- #SavePublicVenuesNow! All venues should qualify for the #PPP during #COVID-19 crisis. But publicly owned venues left out. @Senator/Congressman – please fix the PPP NOW so they can survive. @IAVMWHQ
- #SavePublicVenuesNow! The RESTART Act is necessary, but needs to include government-owned venues. Congress needs to take action TODAY! @IAVMWHQ
- More IAVM Member Sample Tweets
Simply copy and paste the text of these documents to use in your communications to your elected officials.
- Letter to the Editor Sample (Word document) (PDF file)
- General Publicly-Owned Venues Letter to Congress
- General Talkers for IAVM Members
- Publicly-Owned Venue Letter to Senate Leadership