Kim Bedier, CVE
Patrick Donnelly, CVE
Ross Girouard, CVP
Bobby Goldwater, CVE
Erin Jepson, CMP; CVP
Shelly Kleppsattel - CHAIR
Meredith Merritt, CMP
Scott Mullen, CVE
Jennifer Norris, CVE; MFA
Lynda Reinhart, CVE
Jason Rittenberry, CTA; CVE
Steven Sanchez, CVP
Patrick Tetrick, CVP; GSP
David Touhey, CVE - VICE CHAIR
Enhance industry relationships and profile of IAVM for the public assembly venue management professional and position IAVM as an international leader in the profession with related concerns by providing insight, recommended answers or positions; and proactively pursuing industry representation of legislative issues and positions of advocacy.
This is an advisory committee, meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Board sector directors from each of the venue sectors – arenas, convention center/exhibit halls, performing arts centers, stadiums and universities.
- A minimum of 6 members representing the Allied (supplier), advocacy, alliance and/or legal segment of our industry.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Provide provisional guidance for industry related issues and positions. The following areas are possible issues/positions that the committee will discuss: Public Relations/Advocacy; Ticketing; Industry Legislation; Technology Issues; Industry Relations; Branding.
- Participation in at least 80% of regular committee conference calls.
- Attending VenueConnect, the committee meeting and governance training at VenueConnect.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Provide information on industry related issues for the IAVM Newsletter.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Meet during VenueConnect at specified times with a prepared agenda.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Present industry related issues to the membership in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate additional and/or specific meetings targeted to address a segment or process within the industry.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.