David Angeles - PAST CHAIR
Barb Billmyer - VICE CHAIR
Stacey Church - CHAIR
Sandy Richmond, CVP
Sarah Kate Rogers
The committee represents the interest of general membership constituents relative to recruitment, retention, and membership value through recognized program benefits, networking opportunities and other services designed to assist industry professionals.
This is a committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- A minimum of 6 active members to assist in fulfilling the council’s mission to be taken from the Professional, Allied, Mentoring and Young Professional membership.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Work with Region Directors to establish a chapter network representative by state or region.
- Develop an action plan that will identify non-member list of prospects by venue, by cities, by states (begin with major cities).
- Monitor non-renewal membership reports and identify any trends that would negatively impact IAVM.
- Work with the IAVM Director of Membership to examine and review member benefits and criteria for each category of IAVM membership. Ensure that members worldwide receive appropriate recognition and/or entitlements.
- Produce in conjunction with HQ staff a New Member/First Timer Breakfast or Reception Program as part of VenueConnect.
- Work with IAVM staff to develop, if needed, smaller sub-groups to address a specific need.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff. Each individual committee member should participate in 80% of the organized calls.
- Each individual committee member will solicit new members and aim for 5 new members during their term.
- Each individual committee member will support iCommit, the annual member referral campaign and other recruitment campaigns as they are created
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Each individual committee member will handle their assigned new member welcome calls with agreed upon timelines.
- Each individual committee member is encouraged to write one or more blog post(s) which includes responding to discussions, champion local Chapter Meetings and/or identifying a lead organizer, write articles/content for FM Magazine, participate as thought leaders in the YP Google Hangout, coordinated by the Young Professional Committee each quarter.
- Individual committee members will be evaluated by the Chair as to attendance, participation and handling of assignments. This information will be reviewed by IAVM President & CEO to assess future volunteer leadership roles.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop, monitor and achieve budget goals.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Staff the New Member/First Timer Breakfast or Reception.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.