Mentor Connector Program Roles
In today’s marketplace, the value, if not the necessity, of being proactive in securing knowledge and advice from industry professionals has never been greater. Every mentorship experience is beneficial.
- Gain insight from your mentor’s knowledge, skills, values and expertise.
- Grow through greater awareness of challenges and opportunities.
- Receive critical feedback in key areas, such as communications, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities and leadership skills.
- Develop a sharper focus on what is needed to grow personally and professionally.
- Learn specific skills and knowledge that are relevant to professional and personal goals.
- Gain knowledge about the industry and unspoken rules that can be critical for success in the venue management industry.
As a mentor, you will be developing the industry leadership of tomorrow. Being a mentor to the future of our association and industry, you will:
- Positively influence another individual sharing your knowledge, skills, values and experiences.
- Gain tremendous satisfaction from contributing to the development of capable individuals and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing them succeed.
- Improve communication, leadership, and development/training skills.
- Expand professional contacts through interaction with other mentors.
- Revitalize interest in your own work through connection with members who are changing their career path, want to learn a new skill, or assist newer members navigate their way to success.
- Boost your self-esteem through recognition from your mentee, peers and the association community.
- Invest in the future by giving back to IAVM.
- Oversee partnership process and mentor/mentee goals
- Provide coaching and counseling as needed
- Provide information to help mentor/mentee achieve their program goals
- Evaluate impact of participation on personal and professional development
- Other responsibilities outlined in handbook