Monona Terrace 2017 Awards and Recognitions
MEDIA CONTACT: Fran Puleo
MADISON, Wis. – Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is proud to announce
its awards and recognitions received in 2017 both regionally and nationally:
- In Business Magazine Executive Choice Award winner for Best Venue for Business Meetings/Events, as selected by members of the IB Executive Register.
- The 2017 Prime Site Award by Facilities & Destinations magazine, a national publication. This was the fifteenth straight year Monona Terrace has received this award.
- The 2017 People Love Us on Yelp award for the positive ratings and reviews received in the past year on Yelp.com.
- TripAdvisor 2017 Certificate of Excellence for the consistent achievement of high ratings from travelers.
- 2017 Certificate of Environmental Leadership from 3Degrees for lowering the carbon footprint by supporting 6,480,000 KWH of renewable energy and 1,180 metric tons of carbon offsets.
Monona Terrace continues to tout its prestigious gold level LEED-EB (Existing Building) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, and The Wisconsin Forward Award at the Mastery Level. The Forward Award is the state’s premier quality award recognition for workplace excellence.
Monona Terrace is a recognized partner site of the Frank Lloyd Wright Trail. Led by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, the trail is recognized by the placement of the Frank Lloyd Wright Trail signage along the approximately 200-mile route in southern Wisconsin. A Frank Lloyd Wright trail app is available for free download for Android and iOS users.
Born and raised in Wisconsin, Frank Lloyd Wright is widely regarded as America's greatest architect. Wisconsin is home to 41 Wright-designed buildings located throughout the state, the greatest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright sites anywhere in the world. The trail takes travelers on a self-guided architectural tour of nine buildings spread across nine counties, from private houses to public buildings. Signs are located in Richland, Sauk, Iowa, Dane, Jefferson, Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha counties.
Monona Terrace is located at One John Nolen Drive in Madison and is open most days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For additional information and hours, call (608) 261-4000, TTY (608) 261-4150 or visit mononaterrace.com. The facility hosts approximately 600 events each year resulting in over $38 million in annual economic impact for the community. In addition, the center produces and sponsors free or low cost community events that serve 45,000 people each year. The Frank Lloyd Wright designed facility has a mission to deliver an exceptional and inspirational experience.