Phil Ashurst - VICE CHAIR
Chris Bullock, CVP
Lawrence Henley, CVE
Scott Megna - CHAIR
Brett Mitchell, CVE
The Research Committee works with staff on the coordination and oversight of VenueDataSource. This is an ongoing research program with coordination of surveys and oversight of delivery of new products all falling under this committee.
This is an advisory committee, meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- A minimum of 6 professional and/or allied members with knowledge in research, benchmarking, or economic impact indicators to assist in fulfilling the committee’s mission.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat one another and members of the association with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to IAVM. We may not always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior or poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. We expect the members of IAVM to be respectful when dealing with other volunteers as well as with people from other projects and initiatives.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members that are tailored to the needs discussed.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Participate in at least 80% of regular committee conference calls (typically scheduled one time a month).
- Attend VenueConnect (including the Research Committee meeting at Venue Connect).
- Author at least one research Blog posting.
- Take an active role in Research Committee projects. Most of the time the chair and/or vice chair will ask for volunteers, but there will be times when items are assigned.
- Each year, we strive to hit 100% participation from all members to make a financial donation to the IAVM Foundation. It is the goal of the Research Committee to lead by example. Donation amounts are at the discretion of the committee member.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Provide information on research for the IAVM Newsletter.
- Advise staff on issues and relevant topics for research.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop, monitor and complete research projects and surveys.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.