Jeff Davis, CMP, CVE, CVP
Patricia Jelinski, CVE
Steve Mackenzie, AFMEA
Kimberly Mahoney, CVP, Ph.D.
John Marquardt, CVP
Mark Mettes, CVE
Timothy O'Connell, CVE
Angie Teel, CMP
Karen Totaro, CVE, CVE - CHAIR
MISSION: The Strategic Leadership and Resource Committee (SLRC) is focused on three core initiatives: 1) develop resources to map out multiple ways to achieve volunteer leadership opportunities, 2) ensure continuity of IAVM offerings throughout education and professional development programs, IAVM text book, written and electronic resources, and 3) create resources for our members that maximizes management committees’ missions in offering opportunities for members not serving on said committees to volunteer their talents in generating additional quality learning resources for our members. The SLRC does not direct management committees on each committee’s missions, instead collaborates on identifying continuity between the management committee’s work and member needs.
PURPOSE: The Committee serves to assist IAVM President & CEO initiatives in generating a quality and robust return on the individual member investment on membership in IAVM in educating, advocating for, and inspiring industry professionals.
Structure: This is a management committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- An additional minimum of 10 diverse professional and allied members to engage in the mission of this committee.
- The committee will be made up of a mix of seasoned and young industry leaders with diverse experiences in leadership and structure/ needs of IAVM sectors, regions, venue management structure and membership types. Committee members will have proven leadership knowledge and passion for the success of IAVM and its members.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee and/or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President & CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President & CEO upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM President & CEO and management committee chair and vice chair:
- Identify issues related to maximizing member value in professional development and available resources to strengthen individual members.
- Recognize the diverse makeup of our membership while working to provide quality resources to all members’ needs.
- Recognize and celebrate the richness of an active, diverse membership.
- Advise on mechanisms and programs that encourages inclusivity in leadership roles.
- Enrich the Association, profession, and industries we serve through quality servant leadership.
- Work with other committees in order to achieve its goals.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President & CEO. Each individual committee member should participate in 80% of the organized calls.
- Individual committee members will be evaluated by the Chair as to attendance, participation and handling of assignments. This information will be reviewed by IAVM President & CEO to assess future volunteer leadership roles.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines assigned by the Chair.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with committee volunteers to -
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.